Thursday, January 3, 2013

THE PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT (1977) Theatrical Posters

While I still have the dazzling Dana Gillespie on my mind, here's a selection of theatrical one-sheets (and the British quad) from her film, The People That Time Forgot, the 1977 matinee adventure that co-starred Patrick Wayne (Sinbad & The Eye Of The Tiger), Sarah Douglas (Superman II) and Shane Rimmer (UFO, Warlords Of Atlantis).

The John Dark-produced, Kevin Connor-directed sequel to their 1975 Edgar Rice Burroughs adaptation, The Land That Time Forgot, People is an entertaining lost world epic in its own right, with charmingly low-tech effects and lots of prehistoric derring-do.

4 comments:

  1. As always I love the set of four movies that McClure, Connor,and Dark made from 1975 to 1978. All four American posters hang in glass frames in my model room for my viewing every day. Course I admit I think some of the foreign posters are better. Just wanted to say thanks for posting them Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, I'm a HUGE fan of the Dark/Connor lost world flicks of the 70s, and am grateful that I was finally able to get to see Warlords Of Atlantis last year.

      Delete
  2. The adaptation of the posters in foreign countries is one of my favorite aspects of movie advertising. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The posters are better than the movie. I have a press kit for this one that has photos and sketches.
    http://scifihorrorfantasy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete