Saturday, November 3, 2012

STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN (1982) Japanese One-Sheet

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up"

Phasers flash across the void as the U.S.S. Enterprise and rogue Starfleet vessel U.S.S. Reliant battle for the fate of the universe in this awesome Japanese theatrical poster for Nicholas Meyer's Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan! (Still my favorite Trek feature.)

Thanks to Star Kid Scott Weller!

2 comments:

  1. Wrath of Khan is my favorite Trek movie. I saw it in the theater originally for $1. Even back then that was cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still the best of the Star Trek movies. I have not generally been a fan of space babe Kirstie Allie but I thought she played a perfect Saavik. I felt sorry for Robin Curtis who had to follow her in the role. Ricardo Montalban - well he's Kahn. 'nough said.
    One thing I always wondered- Was killing off Spock a deliberate attempt to end the franchise? I thought at the time that this would end the Star Trek movies. I figured the stars were tired of being typecast and wanted out.
    btw- Ceti Alpha is a play on the real star Alpha Ceti-a pulsating supergiant star near the end of its life. Star Trek and a lot of shows did this. Used real star names but didn't really know anything about them.

    ReplyDelete