Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Captain's bLog: Supplemental

I spent four and a half hours early this morning going through each and every Space: 1970 post from the last two years, replacing images that were lost in last month's hacker attack on one of my online accounts. In the early days of this blog, I hosted most of my pix on that server, because I thought it would be more secure than uploading them directly to Blogger.

Silly me.

Anyway, it looks like everything was recoverable, thank goodness, and I'm pretty sure I found everything. I did notice that a number of YouTube videos have gone dead because the accounts associated with them have disabled embedding or have simply disappeared. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately. If I get some spare time, I may go through those and see if I can replace the missing vids, but I don't hold out much hope for many of them.

Anyway, now that I've gotten the repairs and maintenance out of the way, I can start focusing on putting some new stuff together, beginning with November's "Space Babe" - and get back to work finishing up some long-promised reviews and features. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment