Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Well, the results are in. With 216 ballots cast, the clear winner in the "Which 70's sci-fi robot, droid, or android was YOUR favorite?" poll was Star Wars' astromech droid R2-D2, with a whopping 57 votes. Coming in second, with 36 votes, was the original, classic Cylon Centurion from Battlestar Galactica. The drones from Douglas Trumbull's Silent Running, Huey, Dewey & Louie, took third place.

I voted for V.I.N.CENT from The Black Hole, myself, but then I'm sucker for levitating robots and Roddy McDowell. The same film's menacing Maximilian placed a solid fourth in the poll. I admit, I was surprised that Space Academy's Peepo didn't get more votes, but, like Buck Rogers' Twiki, I think he was maybe just too annoying. I was pleased that Quark's Andy garnered at least one vote, though.

Look for another poll in a month or two!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that 2 of the top 3 droids are heavily anthropomorphized none human shaped characters,the Cylons, well there just shiny and cool.

    ReplyDelete